ABOUT BIFF 2022
The Benelux International Film Festival (BIFF) is a up and coming film festival held in the heart of Amsterdam. BIFF is more than just a Film Festival; it is a strong connection among filmmakers from around the world.
Every finalist and winner film will be posted on our website and social media pages. Also, every winner will receive their personal and special BIFF laurel and certificate. Your films will be judged by multi-award winning professionals.
Rules & Terms
- In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- Benelux International Film Festival (BIFF) relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
- Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
- You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- BIFF will not be responsible for damaged copies.
- Students must present a valid Student ID in order to receive our student discount.
- Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
- BIFF can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate.
- Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges' team and no selection is guaranteed.
- The applicants (submitters) must accept BIFF Rules and Terms.
- All submissions in personal categories required the name of the person and the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter at the FilmFreeway website, otherwise, your film can be disqualified from that specific category.
- Submitting your movie, you authorize BIFF to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film or project).
- We do not require premiere status.
- IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE BIFF: The screenings of all submissions are held at a mystery location in Holland, Belgium or Luxemburg. Each BIFF edition, a special jury committee, consisting of multi award winning filmmakers will select and reward only the best of the best among all submitted films. Unfortunately, there will be no public live screenings. All communication and distribution of the certificates and special laurels will be posted online. So be aware of this when registering for the Benelux International Film Festival.
- Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive. If we think the categories submitted are not to the standard of the BIFF win, they will be removed.
- If the project is "Selected" to be included in our festival, it will be sent to the review sessions that are the next stage to know whether or not they will be considered as part of the official selection of the edition. If the project does not advance at this stage, the Judging Status cannot be upgraded to "Nominee" to be part of the Official Announcement.
- The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove a movie from the competition at any time. Entry fees are non-refundable. The individual or corporation submitting the film/script hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for possible screening (private and/or public) and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations. - --- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of the screening videos entered.
- The festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement, or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media) to the festival or its representatives. When a project is submitted without a poster, trailer, credits or sometimes without any of the aforementioned topics, the judges take points off the final rating.
- You cannot cancel your participation in the competition after the announcement of the official selection.
- All our official communications must be through email. It is not possible for us to respond to messages through social media platforms, due to the large number of requests we have on them.
- Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change without notice. Please check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
- It is the Benelux International Film Festival's policy not to offer comments and reasons for films not selected and decisions for the program.
- All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the film contest, without notice. By submitting your film/script, you acknowledge you have read, understood and accepted all rules, regulations & conditions above.
* This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Benelux International Film Festival ® 2022 All Rights Reserved
DATES & DEADLINES
8 AUGUST 2022
14 AUGUST 2022
15 OCTOBER 2022
20 OCTOBER 2022
16 OCTOBER 2022